Pack up your summer shorts and tee’s, and settle in for the cooler months by whipping up this classic comfort meal, best enjoyed snuggled at home in your PJ’s with red wine!
There are many variations of this classic dish, but sometimes it pays not to play with perfection, so we have kept things delightfully simple, yet amazingly tasty.
Follow the steps below to warm up the hearts and belly’s of the whole family, and with any luck, there will be a little left over for lunch the following day.
- 1 x packet Continental Tomato Simmer Soup
- 750g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- mushrooms flat large , min. 500g
- 500g lamb or beef mince
- ¼ cup (60mL) milk1 tablespoon butte½ cup grated tasty cheese
- Boil potatoes until tender. Meanwhile heat oil in a large saucepan or frying pan and brown onion, carrot, mushrooms and mince.
- Add soup mix and water, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until carrots are tender. Transfer to a large baking dish.
- Drain potatoes then mash with milk and butter. Spread over mince mixture and top with cheese. Brown under a preheated grill until cheese is melted and golden.
Serve with steamed green beans.
TIP: When selecting potatoes make sure you select the right variety for the right use. When boiling or mashing your perfect potato is white washed kind.
Recipe serves: 4
20 minutes prep | 20 minutes cooking
*All ingredients are available at Woolworths enex