Because sometimes we need something covered in chocolate.
15 Serves / 20 Mins Prep / 40 Mins Cook
It’s crunchy, it’s chocolate, it’s exactly what you were craving. If you have an hour spare (and an insatiable sweet tooth) try your hand at this choc pecan slice courtesy of Woolworths.
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cups cocoa
- 230g unsalted butter, diced
- 1 cup white choc bits
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs pure cream
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups pecans halves
- 50g Woolworths Select white cooking chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 180°c. Grease a 18 x 28cm shallow cake pan and line with baking paper, leaving long sides to overhang.
2. Place flour, sugar and cocoa in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add 150g of the butter and process until dough comes together. Press into tin, smoothing surface. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and scatter with choc bits. Cool.
3. Meanwhile, melt remaining butter over low heat. Cool slightly. Add sugar, cream, syrup and eggs. Beat with a wooden spoon until combined.
4. Pour over base and top with pecans. Bake for 25 minutes until set. Cool completely in tin. Lift out and cut into squares. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
To melt white chocolate, microwave pieces on 50 per cent power for bursts of 30 seconds, stirring after each burst until smooth.