The chill has arrived in Perth and Winter is truly on it’s way as we all look for the perfect comfort food recipes. One of our favourites this season is this delicious Indian inspired soup.
Give it a try today. Find all you need and more at Woolworths – Murray Street.
- 1 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1 Lg Brown Onion Chopped
- 2 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- 2cm Piece Ginger, Peeled & Grated
- 1/3 Cup Korma Curry Paste
- 1 Kg Chopped Carrots
- 4 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 Cans Chick Peas, Drained & Rinsed
- Greek Style Yoghurt To Serve
- Coriander To Serve
- Naan Bread To Serve
- Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add carrots, stock and 3 cups of water. Bring to the boil and cook for 30 minutes or until carrot is very soft and mixture has thickened.
- Remove saucepan from heat and using a stick blender, puree soup. Return to heat and add chickpeas. Cook for 5 minutes or until chickpeas are heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with yoghurt and coriander. Serve with naan bread.
TIP: Use a salt-reduced vegetable stock if you’re watching your salt intake.