This winter, create a simply delicious chicken dish the whole family can enjoy. All available at Woolworths Forrest Chase.
Serves 4, preparation 10 minutes, cooking 30 minutes.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 sweet potato, chopped (350g)
- 1 turnip, peeled and chopped (350g)
- 24 dried apricots
- 16 green Sicilian olives
- Greek-style yoghurt to serve
- flaked natural almonds to serve
- Lebanese bread to serve
1. Place 1 tbs oil, onion, garlic, ginger, 1/2 of the coriander, lemon juice and spices in a food processor and process until a rough paste forms.
2. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan or pressure cooker. Sear chicken in batches until browned. Transfer to a plate. Add paste to same pan and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add stock, vegetables, apricots (reserving 8) and olives and bring to a simmer.
3. Return chicken to pressure cooker. Replace lid and lock it. Cook on high for 15 minutes.
4. Release pressure and remove lid. Add reserved apricots and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Top with yoghurt and almonds and serve with lebanese bread.
No pressure cooker? Cook this casserole on the stovetop or in the oven for 1 hour until tender.