Backing a winner at Melbourne Cup is a gamble but coming out on top in the spring carnival fashion stakes is a sure-thing with these race ready looks from Myer Forrest Chase.
Guess Dalla Gold Sandal, $149.95. Some say that ‘beauty is pain’ but there’s no need to suffer in these stylish yet sturdy heels.
Olga Berg Isla Hardcase Clutch, $89.95. Size is important when selecting a clutch. This blushing beauty comfortably accommodates race day essentials.
Collection Pu Flower Crown, $49.95. Don’t have the patience for a fiddly fascinator that requires half a packet of bobby pins just to stay in place when the wind picks up? Opt for a statement headband that slides on effortlessly.
Trent Nathan Blossom Earrings, $34.95. A small and dainty finishing touch, the Blossom earrings by Trent Nathan won’t compete with statement headwear.
Stella Walk this Way dress, $249. Flatter feminine curves in this charming off-the-shoulder number by Stella.
Jayson Brunsdon Renaissance Rose dress, $199.95. Cut just above the knee and with beautiful lace details, the Renaissance Rose dress is the epitome of ladylike elegance.
Morgan & Taylor small boater hat with ties, $69.95. Boater hats with long ribbons are poised to become one of the most popular headwear choices for Melbourne Cup 2018. Coordinate the ribbon colour with your outfit or accessories (or both!).
Piper Modern Pearl Bangle, $19.95. A radiant yet understated addition to a race day ensemble.
Milk & Honey Niccala Sandals, $189.95. Not too small and not too tall, the heel height of the Niccala sandals is just right for all day wear.
Leona by Leona Edmiston Flap Over Bag, $79.95. Hold a canapé in one hand and a flute of champagne in the other while sporting this cross body bag (because women are made to multitask!).
Derby Day Delight
Wayne Cooper earrings, $29.95. A simple yet sophisticated style that goes with everything.
Gregory Ladner Patent Hardcase Bag, $69.95. With a detachable chain strap that can be tucked away or kept on show, this hardcase design by Gregory Ladner converts from a clutch to a shoulder bag.
Hi There from Karen Walker Tiered Hem Spot midi dress, $169.95. Enjoy a modern My Fair Lady moment in a spotty monochrome frock by Karen Walker.
Olga Berg Danica Sinamay Bow Fascinator, $99.95. You’ll feel positively bow-tiful in this architectural fascinator by iconic Australian accessories brand Olga Berg.
Miss Shop Eiffel White Sandal, $79.95. Remain comfortable long after the big race is over with a supportive block heel.
1) Blaq Reversible Dress Belt, $44.95. Black on one side, brown on the other, this reversible design is a smart purchase.
2) Blaq Slim Fit Check Suit Jacket, $210, slim fit suit trouser, $89, slim fit waistcoat, $89. Dare to be dapper in a slim cut three piece suit by Blaq.
3) The Tie Lab White Plain Pocket Square $19.95. A pocket square is an essential element of every chap’s race day look. Be bold with a vibrant pattern or play it safe with a block colour.
4) Cudworth Tie Clip-50mm Black, $39.95. The wind may pick up but your tie will stay perfectly in place with this matte black accessory.
5) Van Heusen Spot Tie in pink, $39.95. Don’t let the jockeys have all of the fun! Get into the spring racing spirit with a pop of pastel pink.
6) Kenji Kingswood Pu Lace Up, $89.95. Available exclusively at Myer, the Kingswood lace ups by Kenji sit halfway between classic and contemporary.