A winter classic combining rich tomato flavours with cheesy pasta
Pasta is a winter staple for most, and this simple to make, but full of flavour Italian classic will not disappoint.
Follow the simple steps below to have this mouth watering meal on your dinner table tonight.
Prep: 25 minutes | Cooking: 40 minutes | Serves: 4
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tbs finely chopped rosemary, plus extra to garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 325g dried orecchiette pasta
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
Garlic bread to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until tender and starting to caramelise.
Add rosemary, garlic and mince. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring to break up any lumps, or until mince is browned. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stock and vinegar and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling, salted water according to packet instructions. Drain and return to pan. Add sauce and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve with garlic bread.
*Ingredients available from Woolworth’s Forrest Chase