Summer is synonymous with cocktails but with the right ingredients winter can be too…
Just because the temperature outside has plummeted doesn’t mean you have to put your favourite mixers away.
Quench your thirst while warming the cockles of your heart with these crowd-pleasing, winter-friendly libations. Sometimes warm and always delicious, you’ll find everything you need to create these beautiful blends at BWS and Woolworths Forrest Chase.
Please drink responsibly, + 18 years.
Mr Micawber’s Hot Gin Punch by Hendrick’s
- 400 ml Hendrick’s Gin
- 400 ml fortified wine
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- Rind of 6 large lemons
- 1 small sliced orange
- 1 fresh pineapple cut into chunks
- 4 teaspoons of honey
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small pot & simmer gently for 30 minutes
- Pour into a teapot and serve hot in teacups with some gingerbread on the side.
Heather 81 by Grey Goose Vodka
- 50 ml Grey Goose Vodka
- 20 ml honey
- 10 ml hot water
- Posy of mint leaves
- 10 ml Drambuie Liqueur
- Honeycomb to serve
- Add honey, hot water & six mint leaves to a cocktail shaker and muddle well.
- Add ice, Grey Goose Vodka & Drambuie liqueur.
- Shake well & strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves & a piece of honeycomb.
Hot Cointreau Mulled Cider
- 350 ml Cointreau
- 180 ml fresh lime juice
- 900 ml cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 oranges (thinly sliced)
- 1 apple (thinly sliced)
- In a large saucepan bring cider, lime, fruit & spices to a boil. Cover & remove from heat.
- Add the Cointreau last and steep for at least 20 minutes.
- Divide among individual mugs & serve hot. Garnish with a fresh cinnamon stick & slice of apple or orange.
- 450 ml water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Juice of 1 orange & 1 lemon
- 6 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1 bottle of Yellow Tail Merlot
- Place water, sugar, cinnamon, orange & lemon juices, cloves & star anise into large saucepan. Bring to the boil, then return to a simmer & stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add bottle of Yellow Tail Merlot & heat slowly for 15 minutes.
- Strain, pour into glass & garnish.
Grant’s Whiskey Espresso Martini
- 50ml Grant’s Family Reserve
- 1 shot espresso
- 5ml Tia Maria or Kahlua
- Sprig of rosemary to garnish
- Make an espresso & fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all ingredients and shake.
- Strain & garnish with coffee beans and a sprig of rosemary.